about the brand
Article 22 Gold Virtuous Circle bracelet
“Peace is the bomb.” That’s the motto of Article 22, a jewellery company named after the 22nd article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Using the metal from unexploded landmines and melted-down shrapnel left behind in Laos during the Vietnam War, they transform the negative into a positive with their line of ethically created jewellery.
Meet their new Virtuous Circle Gold Tone Bangle. Their skinny bangle is now high polished and tinted with a gold hue. As with their silver original bangles, the metal will become more luminous the more you wear it thanks to the natural oils of your skin. How do they achieve the gold tone? Through anodization, an electrochemical process which converts the metal surface into a decorative, durable, corrosion-resistant, wear-resistant oxide layer. It cannot chip or peel. They do not use pigments of any kind which means the gold hue is extremely UV resistant and will remain sparkling for a long time.
HOW IS IT MADE?
- Created in Laos by local artisans who melt down the metal from war debris, including unexploded landmines, left behind after the Vietnam War.
- Proceeds are reinvested to continue to clear contaminated land. Your purchase contributes to MAG (Mines Advisory Group) to safely & expertly clear some of the 80 million unexploded bombs contaminating land in Laos
- This purchase clears 10m2 of Laotian landscape
- Each piece gives back to support traditional Laotian artisan livelihoods, village development and community endeavors
- Article 22 pays local artisans at least 5 times the local minimum wage
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
- Each piece of Article 22 jewellery comes with a story card and a canvas drawstring bag, making it a perfect gift idea
Out of stock