Humanity Hanoi Smocked Gingham Dress
Cocktails on rooftops, al fresco dinners by candlelight, picnics under a green canopy of banana tree leaves…we can picture a myriad of ways to wear our linen gingham dress. The off-the-shoulder cut and voluminous sleeves add flavour while the smocked bodice makes it figure-flattering for all. A midi hemline and A-line cut keep it contemporary. Now all we need is an invitation…
HOW IS IT MADE?
- Made in Hanoi, we work with a 3rd-generation tailoring family.
- The tailors determine the cost of each garment, ensuring that they receive a fair wage.
- We use deadstock linen, meaning the fabric is left over from the orders of large apparel companies. This way, we are making something beautiful out of excess
- We use linen, a natural fabric derived from flax seed, which uses less water in the growing process than other fabrics. Across its lifecycle, a linen shirt uses 6.4 litres of water compared with 26 litres for a cotton shirt,
HOW DOES IT FIT?
- This dress fits true to size.
- The model is 168cm and wears a size small.