about the brand
Article 22 Women of the World Red Necklace
“Peace is the bomb.” That’s the motto of Article 22, a jewellery company named after the 22nd article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Using the metal from unexploded landmines and melted-down shrapnel left behind in Laos during the Vietnam War, they transform the negative into a positive with their line of ethically created jewellery. Their “Women of the World Unite” Necklace celebrates the strength of women and women working together. Can you hear us roaring?
HOW IS IT MADE?
- Created in Laos by local artisans who melt down the metal from war debris, including unexploded landmines, left behind after the Vietnam War.
- Proceeds are reinvested to continue to clear contaminated land. Your purchase contributes to MAG (Mines Advisory Group) to safely & expertly clear some of the 80 million unexploded bombs contaminating land in Laos
- This purchase clears 5m2 of Laotian landscape
- Each piece gives back to support traditional Laotian artisan livelihoods, village development and community endeavors
- Article 22 pays local artisans at least 5 times the local minimum wage
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
- DIMENSIONS: the silk cord measures 46 cm long; the diameter of the pendant is 1.2 cm
- This necklace can also be worn as a wrap around bracelet
- Each piece of Article 22 jewellery comes with a story card and a canvas drawstring bag, making it a perfect gift idea
Out of stock