about the brand
Article 22 Peace Sign Ornament
Article 22’s peace sign ornament is a fitting message for the jewellery company named after the 22nd article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights that uses the metal from unexploded landmines and melted-down shrapnel left behind in Laos during the Vietnam War. They transform the negative into a positive with their line of ethically created jewellery and ornaments.
HOW IS IT MADE?
- Created in Laos by local artisans who melt down the metal from war debris, including unexploded landmines, left behind after the Vietnam War.
- Proceeds are reinvested to continue to clear contaminated land. Your purchase contributes to MAG (Mines Advisory Group) to safely & expertly clear some of the 80 million unexploded bombs contaminating land in Laos
- This purchase clears 2m2 of Laotian landscape
- Each piece gives back to support traditional Laotian artisan livelihoods, village development and community endeavors
- Article 22 pays local artisans at least 5 times the local minimum wage
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
- This ornament measures 4cm in diameter and includes a silk cord that measures 15cm in length (makes the ornament drop 7.5cm when hanging)
- Each piece of Article 22 jewellery comes with a story card and a canvas drawstring bag, making it a perfect gift idea