about the brand
Article 22 Little But Fierce Diamond necklace
“Peace is the bomb.” That’s the motto of Article 22, a jewellery company named after the 22nd article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Using the metal from unexploded landmines and melted-down shrapnel left behind in Laos during the Vietnam War, they transform the negative into a positive with their line of ethically created jewellery.
Caring for others can only happen when we truly care for ourselves first. Diamonds are a symbol of light, love, and strength that we deserve to bestow upon ourselves. Article 22’s Little But Fierce diamond necklace celebrates that sentiment. The 1.7mm white diamond is embedded in the authentic Peacebomb Aluminum 6mm disc. The delicate pendant runs along an 18″ sterling silver curb chain. Article 22 ensures that the diamond is Kimberley Process Certified, meaning it is a conflict-free diamond.
HOW IS IT MADE?
- Created in Laos by local artisans who melt down the metal from war debris, including unexploded landmines, left behind after the Vietnam War.
- Proceeds are reinvested to continue to clear contaminated land. Your purchase contributes to MAG (Mines Advisory Group) to safely & expertly clear some of the 80 million unexploded bombs contaminating land in Laos
- This purchase clears 9m2 of Laotian landscape
- Each piece gives back to support traditional Laotian artisan livelihoods, village development and community endeavors
- Article 22 pays local artisans at least 5 times the local minimum wage
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
- Each piece of Article 22 jewellery comes with a story card and a canvas drawstring bag, making it a perfect gift idea
Out of stock