about the brand
Article 22 Beauty in Adversity Flower Silk Mantra Bracelet in Pink
“Peace is the bomb.” That’s the motto of Article 22, a jewellery company named after the 22nd article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Using the metal from unexploded landmines and melted-down shrapnel left behind in Laos during the Vietnam War, they transform the negative into a positive with their line of ethically created jewellery.
Article 22’s Silk Mantra Bracelets are designed with everyone in mind. The most beautiful flower grows in adversity. The lotus, paired with this silk mantra bracelet, stands for growth. Despite emerging from murky waters, it is able to be tall and clean. Like the lotus, we can rise from our struggles and blossom beautiful and strong. Each piece is a modern heirloom – an actual piece of history re-designed with intention – that inspires action towards our future, individually and collectively.
HOW IS IT MADE?
- Created in Laos by local artisans who melt down the metal from war debris, including unexploded landmines, left behind after the Vietnam War.
- Proceeds are reinvested to continue to clear contaminated land. Your purchase contributes to MAG (Mines Advisory Group) to safely & expertly clear some of the 80 million unexploded bombs contaminating land in Laos
- This purchase clears 5m2 of Laotian landscape
- Each piece gives back to support traditional Laotian artisan livelihoods, village development and community endeavors
- Article 22 pays local artisans at least 5 times the local minimum wage
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
- Each piece of Article 22 jewellery comes with a story card and a canvas drawstring bag, making it a perfect gift idea
Out of stock